I have a requirement to have some custom functionality within my SharePoint Online page.
I am currently considering an app or a sanboxed web part.
Here are my notes so far:
sandboxed web part
- on-prem environment required for developing (don't have at the moment) (-)
- sandboxed solutions might be no longer supported by Microsoft soon??? (-)
- I need it to be placed i nthe page as a web part (+)
- can deploy straight to SharePoint Online (+)
- will have to use provider-hosted app as I require C# code behind - too complex (-)
- I have no idea how to put it into a page as a web part? (-)
Sorry, I am new to SharePoint Online. I was developing on-prem until now, so it seems a bit confusing to me as SharePoint Online is extremely limited to developers...
Any ideas? Thanks!