I have a Team Site inside my SharePoint 2013 enterprise server. and inside the site i created 4 lists, and i define the following :-
- Inside the first three lists (ListA , ListB, ListC) i define that UserA have "Restricted Read" permission on them (through a Group name "Site Visitors").
- Inside the fourth list (ListD) i stop the inheritance and define that for this list it have unique permission , and i gave UserA contribute permission (through the group named "Site Visitors").
now i was expecting the following result:-
- when UserA access the sub-site , he/she can view all lists, since he/she have restricted read on 3 of them and contribute on one of them.
- UserA will not be able to add/edit/delete items from the first 3 lists, while he should be able to the fourth list.
But the actual result was :-
- when UserA access the site he can only see the link for ListD (which he have contribute permission on ), as follow:-
- and if he tried to navigate to ListA,ListB,ListC by manully typing the URL he will get the following error:-
Access Required Let us know why you need access to this site.
//- Final Note:- The "Restricted Read" Permission level which i am using have the following permissions (those are the default permission):-
- View Items - View items in lists and documents in document libraries.
- Open Items - View the source of documents with server-side file handlers.
- View Pages - View pages in a Web site.
- Open - Allows users to open a Web site, list, or folder in order to access items inside that container.
so can anyone adivce why restricted read users are not able to view the related lists , while restricted read should allow users to view/open list items and documents as per the permissions inside it ?