I have installed SharePoint in app server and web server, it is a 3-tier farm.How to configure IIS APP Pool account for a web application in SharePoint 2013.
Changing App Pool required couple of steps, if you miss any of it, web application stop working.
- Make Sure the New app Pool account must have permission to Config DB, Central Admin Db, State Service, Profile Dbs and all content DB attached to the web app.
- Make sure new app pool account should be member of IIS_Iusr and wss-wpg-admin groups on server
- 1st add the new account into the Managed Account( if it is not already in). Central Admin > Security > Managed accounts. register here.
- Now from Central Admin > Security > manage service accounts and change the account here.
- now reset IIS on all servers.