0

I am on SP 2013 and when I navigate to a List Item and click on ... and ... and click on workflows it throws and an error something went wrong and throws a correlation ID and its on the Dev Enviornment and other environments are working fine as expected.

I have checked the Publishing feature, Workflow Task Content Type, Workflow can use app permission is activated.

Note - This is the Root Site in the Dev Environment

I did check the ULS Logs and found this and many more but other didn't make sense

Application error when access /_layouts/15/Workflow.aspx, Error=The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
at Microsoft.Workflow.Common.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
at Microsoft.Workflow.Client.HttpGetResponseAsyncResult`1.End(IAsyncResult result)
at Microsoft.Workflow.Client.ClientHelpers.SendRequest[T](HttpWebRequest request, T content)

I was browsing through the CA and found the Upgrade Status has failed not sure if its related.

I tried running the PSCONFIG.EXE -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b and it fails on step 4 and bring down the CA I have to run Product COnfig Wizard and it runs successfully and CA is back again but the upgrade status still says fails.enter image description here

  • You have to check the ULS for that specific correlation id, from where you will get teh clue. – Waqas Sarwar MVP Mar 1 '16 at 16:16
  • @WaqasSarwarMCSE I update the questions with some more info, hope that helps – SavantProdigy Mar 1 '16 at 16:19
  • Is it a 2013 workflow or 2010? What is the authentication scheme on your web application? – Nisarg Mar 1 '16 at 16:20
  • 1
    @SavantProdigy Found the patch that I installed that fixed it for me: See here for everything: social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/… – Roland Mar 2 '16 at 22:17
  • 1
    @Roland Instead of doing the ones recommended by you I installed the August CU which will cover all the HotFixes and previous CU and I had to try 3 times to get the August CU installed and multiple attempts to run Product Config Wizard and it still didn't fix the problem. I found out that the after the patch install that patch somehow removed access of this service account to the DB WFInstanceManagementDB and WFResourceManagementDB.Informed DBA to run a script to fix that issue and its all good now - Issue Resolved - Thanks everyone for jumping in – SavantProdigy Mar 3 '16 at 20:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.