So I am at the moment trying to setup kerberos authentication for the central administration of sharepoint. I did already get it to work for normal site collections where it works without any problem. However if I enable Kerberos for my central administration i can only access it from the server where Sharepoint is installed. Whenever I try to access it from a remote pc i get a prompt where i can enter username and password but even if i enter a username and password for a user that has access to the central administration it doesn't log in and just gives the same prompt again. After entering it 3 times the page just is blank (same behavior as if i entered it wrong 3 times).
What i did:
- everything is configured to use https
- add spn's for the Central Administration (with port)
- edit settings for the server in active directory so that it trusts the server for user delegation
- added the account mentioned in the spn's to the managed accounts of the farm
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Sharepoint 2013 Foundation
- MS SQL Server 2012
I already lost 2 days trying to get it to work maybe someone here knows a fix for this problem?