Is there a way to apply an Expiry Date via Term > Shared Properties?
- Shared Property = "Days to Expire"
- Shared Property value = 365
- Days to Expire (365) + Created Date = Expiry Date
The reason is that I've been asked to auto-apply specific expiry dates for our documents based on the Category. Contributors don't want to keep manually changing the Expiry Date field each time the upload or update a document.
I am using Term Store Managed Metadata for Categories such as:
- Forms: Corporate Templates --> Expire in 2 years
- Resources: Work Plans --> Expire 1 year
- Resources: Weekly Reports --> Expire 6 months
I have 5 primary categories with a dozen sub-categories in each and a few third-level or tertiary categories.
I am trying to minimize the workflows if possible. I prefer not to create and manage dates for each category via workflows.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.