I will give you a step by step guide how to create a new item in a new list. It is more a "How to create your first workflow", but should help anyway. I posted it now also in my blog if you would like to read it there again: https://afrait.com/blog/how-to-create-your-first-2013-workflow-de-en/
Lets go, (Pictures in German), but it tried to write it for english too:
- Go to your site and click on "Websiteinhalte" (Site Contents) and then click on "App hinzufügen" (add an app)
- Next under the section "Beachtenswert" (Noteworthy) click on "Benutzerdefinierte Liste" (Custom List) (1). Then type in a name for the list (2) and click on "Erstellen" (Create) (3).
- You will now get redirected to the "Websiteinhalte" (Site Contents). Click now on the title or tile of your new list.
- Click in the ribbon on "Liste" (List) (1) and then click on "Liste bearbeiten" (Edit List) (2).
- Maybe a popup will now show up because SharePoint Designer will open. Click on "Zulassen" (Accept).
- Now click on "Neu" (New) (1), then type in a Name (2), select SharePoint 2013 Workflow (3) and click on "OK" (4)
- Next click on "Aktion" (Action) (1) and search for "Listenelement erstellen" (Create List item) and click on that. (2)
- Click on "diese Liste" (this list) (1) and select the current list (2).
- Select now the Title column (1), click on "Ändern" (Change) (2), type in a value (3), click on "OK" (4) and click again on "OK" (5).
- Click now in the last section of the workflow (1), then on "Aktion" (Action) (2) and click on "Gehe zu einer Stufe" (Go to stage) (3).
- Select "einer Stufe" (to stage)
- And then "Ende des Workflows" (End of workflow)
- Now click on "Veröffentlichen" (Publish) and your workflow is done.
- Now you create a item in your list (I called it "Nummer 1") and then you have to click on the ellipses (...) and click on Workflows.
- Now click on the new created link for your workflow.
Note: We didn't change the start options of the workflow. So in this case we have to start it manually.
- After a page refresh you should be able to see the new created item from the workflow.
- If you want to see the details of your workflow you can click on "Stufe 1" (Stage 1).
- There you can see the details about your workflow.
Hope this will help. I think it is a sort of "How to create your first workflow", but maybe it will help you.