Elio Struyf already blogged in 2013 about a problem with missing Microsoft CSR Templates when you add a JSLink on the webpart. The checkboxes (from
hierarchytaskslist.js) do not display.
Seems that NONE of the VIEW JSLinks files execute when the WEBPART JSLink property has any value.
When the WEBPART JSLink is emptied, all 3 CSR Templates execute just fine:
Now my questions are:
- Can a script tell if it was executed from a WebPart or View JSLink?
- So I can present the iCSR developer with a warning about the conflict
- What do JSLink settings on Fields do?
- Are they ignored because View/WebParts JSLinks take precedence?
- Do they execute no matter what is defined in View/WebPart JSLinks?
yes, I can add Fields JSLinks to the JSLink Manager and test myself.. but I have wasted enough time on this and want to put this JSLink Manager on GitHub
JSLinkManager Bookmarklet (so works in all Browsers) is on GitHub: https://icsr.github.io/JSLinkManager.html