Our customer has surprised with a new requirement. We are in the process of moving our SharePoint 2010 environment to a new server with a little more juice. No problem right?
Well we got surprised with a requirement that the new server has to be upgraded to Server 2012 R2. They apparently knew about this requirement months ago, but waited until after we did the install on Server 2008 R2 to tell us about. Brilliant! Thanks a bunch!
I have some concerns about trying to manage a SharePoint 2010 environment on Server 2012 and was hoping I could find someone who can tell me whether their experience has been positive or negative. What pitfalls can I avoid?
- Are there any noticeable issues with running SP2010 on Server 2012?
- Any installation issues that I should allot more time in project plan to work out?
- Any issues with setting up a SP2010 Development Environment on Server 2012 R2?
- Any issues with custom Asp.net webparts or application pages that migrate into the new environment? Assume that SharePoint 2010 will still only allow 3.5 framework on the new server right?
- Any issues with migrating the SP 2010 databases into SQL Server 2012?
Thanks for any help. I would love to avoid any more punches to the nose.