I am trying to put some logic in SharePoint's List Workflow which I expect to send an email notification to certain users in case of any item change in the list (removed, added a new one). Could you please suggest which condition is more relevant. Thanks in advance.
In SharePoint Designer, you can create a simple workflow in that list:
- Open the list in SharePoint Designer, click "List Workflow" in the top left.
- Add a Condition, "Modified by a specific person", select the user.
- Add a Action, "Send a Email".
- In workflow setting, click both "Start workflow automatically when an item is changed and created"
We can achieve it by creating workflow in share point 2013,I shared some basic steps to for creating the workflows. In the explanation below I'm using SharePoint 2013 but it's absolutely the same in SP2010 or/and on premises, and even in SP2007 the process is very similar.
1) You will need SharePoint Designer installed on your computer.
For Creating workflow:
2) Open SharePoint designer
3) Open your site
4) Go to Workflows
5) Click 'List Workflow' on ribbon and select your list
6) Add 'Send email' action
The following block will be added to your workflow:
7) Configure 'Send email' action to use assigned to field for determining recipient emails Also define the body block for the letter. You can use different lookups there, for example inserting values from the item or item URL or whatever.
8) Now go to 'Workflow Settings'
9) Setup workflow to start whenever item is added or created
SharePoint Designer has an Action called Send an Email. Workflows can be triggered when a new item is created or changed, but there is no workflow trigger to handle when an item is deleted.
Your easiest option might be to use a status field (such as Open, Closed, Cancelled). When the status is changed, then you can use the Action - Send an email.