how to change the the database for usage and health data collection service in sharepoint 2013, now its database size is 50 GB and i want to change the database size.
You can attach a new Database to Usage and Health data collection service.
To point the Usage and Health Data Collection service application to a moved database by using Central Administration
- Verify that the user account that is performing the procedure is a member of the Farm Administrators SharePoint group.
In Central Administration, click Monitoring, and then on the Monitoring page, click Configure usage and health data collection.
The Configure web analytics and health data collection page appears.
Clear the Enable health data collection check box, and then click OK.
You return to the Monitoring page.
- Click Configure usage and health data collection to return to the Configure web analytics and health data collection page.
- Select the Enable health data collection check box
- In the Logging Database Server section, specify the database server and database name, and then click OK.
Or user powershell:
Set-SPUsageApplication -Identity "<ServiceApplicationName>" -DatabaseName "<DbName>" -DatabaseServer "<SQLServerName>"
- ServiceApplicationName> is the name of the usage and health data collection service application.
- DbName> is the name of the database.
- SQLServerName> is the name of the database server.