I want to add an issue tracking list, which have the following custom columns:-
- Book Name
- Book Description
- Book Author
- published date
- Publish status.
now to achieve this i did the following steps:-
- from site setting >> site content type >> i create a new Content Type (CT) named "Custom Issue CT" which have the built-in Issue content type as its parent.
- then i create the above 5 site columns and i add them to the new CT.
- then as i do not need the build-in site columns that come with the built-in Issue CT, so i hide them from the CT these including title, description, assinged to ,status, due date,... etc.
- i add a new issue tracking list and i chnage its CT to be the new "Custom Issue CT".
Till now everything is working well... but i am afraid of this scenarios, and not sure how i can avoid it:-
- Since i am using the built-in site columns such as title, description ,etc, then these site columns might be modified from the site level in the future. example some one might chnage the Description site column to be required and apply the changes to all columns copy,, then in this case the hidden Description field inside the new issue tracking list will be set a required, although it will still be hidden from the content type,but the column itself will be set as required.and having the Description column defined as required, will cause problems when the user try to add a new issue from the grid view, where the user will get an error that there is a required field that need to be entered.and in this case i need to make it as optional from the list level. so i am not sure how i need to approach this.. is removing these columns from the new "Custom Issue CT" a valid approach to follow ?