I have an application (regular .net winforms app) that uses a db to store it's data. That application is getting replaced but we want to save the data because we eventually want to ditch maintaining the db.
We came up with a solution to host the db as a sharepoint site, that contains lists that represents a table and each list contains items that are the records of the table.
A few stuff about the db:
- We have over 30 tables linked to each other
- Some tables have over hundreds of thousends of records, maybe even millions.
- Overall db size reaches close to 500GB
- It is an sql server db
The problems we face:
- How can I do that not manually
- How to not exceed the limit of a list (we already faced a problem that people from microsoft told us not to exceed 10k or 100k items in a list)
- Is it even possible?
- Can it be made without the use of lookup fields for the connections between the tables?