BACKGROUND (the numbers correspond with the items in the screenshot)
- The 'Add New Item' button is pressed, which causes the 'New Item Form' Modal box to appear
- The New Item Form Modal Box
- Save New Item
HTML Image hyperlink, which generates an email and populates the Mail To, Subject, and Body fields
- To: Josh@whokilledlaurapalmertechsupport.com
- Subject: Text String
- Body: 'Title' field value
Calculated column for HTML button (4):
="<a href=""Josh@whokilledlaurapalmertechsupport.com"&"?Subject="&joshTextString&"&Body="&Title&""" target=_top>"&"<img src=../SiteAssets/ICONS/sent.png style=height:20px;width:20px;/>"&"</a>"
- Send button on the automatically generated email
Once the new record is saved, I'd like an email corresponding with that new item to be automatically generated and sent. I 'd prefer not to create a WF for this, because the recipient is an external user.
Is it possible to create a script to run once (3) is pressed by the USER and the record is CREATED and SAVED, which will automatically click (4) for that new item, generating a new email, and once it's generated, automatically click (5) and send the email? I don't have a button ID, because the button is not in js.