How would I make a task-form field (
SP2013) read-only (not hidden) using SharePoint Designer?
I try to give you a guideline here (Pictures are in German, but the essential part is good to understand I guess):
I will show you how to set the priority field as read only. Here the default view:
- Open your list in SharePoint Designer
- Create a new form
- I created a new form for new entries / items / tasks (be sure to give it a new name "CustomNewForm", set it as a "newForm" and set it as default)
- Open the newly created form in advanced mode. (just right click onto the form and then ... advanced mode)
- Now look for you field (in this case "Priority") and here the important part is the ControlMode. This is set to "new" (because of the newForm).
- Change those two values from "New" to "Display" and save the form.
- After that, if you create a new entry / item / task in your list, the priority field should be read only.
Hope this helps. If so, please give it a vote up or mark it as answer if it fits perfectly for you.