In our portal we have a List that acts as a signup sheet, and above it we have inserted a CEWP to provide some directions.
Is there a way that I can save the combination as a template of some kind? Right now we have to add the CEWP manually every time, and that is just too much for a few of the secretaries.
So, here is what we do now:
- Create a new custom list (based on a saved custom list template)
- Add a Content Editor Web Part to that list-view page
- Find an older list and copy the text from the old CEWP
- Enter Edit Mode in the new CEWP and past the copied text (this assures the text formatting and basic message will be standardized)
- Set custom permissions for the list
It's a list with a place at the very top to have directions (I have been using a CEWP); users need to be able to read the list and the directions at the same time. I am not concerned with New/Edit/Display forms.
It's way too many steps. What I need is one step. The secretary should be able to create a custom page that contains all these things already. The custom permissions can be done via workflow, but there is no way I know of to have something she can add that contains both the list and the CEWP.