I have one farm which has a MySite for every user, each users desktop is then set up to use OneDrive for Business on the Mysite.
I have begun testing a migration technique to get all the user profile and Mysites to a new SharePoint 2013 (fresh build) For testing purposes I am using my own MySite and completing the below:
- Setup new 2013 Farm
- Backup and Restore:
- Managed Metadata Database
- Profiles Database
- Profiles Social Database
- Profiles Sync Database
- Create new Managed Metadata Service using existing Database
- Create new User Profile Service using existing Database
- Move my MySite into a new content database (move-spsite)
- Detach Content Database from Current farm
- Attach Content Database to new farm
At this point everything looks like it works, I can browse the site in the new farm and user profile service all looks good.
I set a hosts entry on my desktop to point at the new WFE of the new farm for my
profiles.com.au but OneDrive can no longer connect to the library and even if I remove it and try to start a new sync it still cannot connect