I'm a user of SharePoint, not an admininistrator/installer. I couldn't retrieve the SharePoint version that my company uses.
Since the latest version of Chrome (version 46.0.2490.86 m, released on November 10), I can't use the functionality "edit document in Word" anymore. It used to work in previous versions. This functionality also works properly now with Firefox (latest version) and Internet Explorer (latest version).
Instead, when I click "edit document in Word", I keep getting an error saying:
The document could not be opened for editing. A Microsoft SharePoint Foundation compatible application could not be found to edit the document.
This issue is reproduced on every installation of Chrome in my team. Chrome unfortunately updates systematically so we can't know for sure which previous version we had.
My questions are:
- Is this a Chrome- or SharePoint-specific issue?
- If it is a Chrome issue, is it linked to my installation of Chrome or to the version of Chrome in general?
- If it is my installation, what should I do to have it fixed?
- MS Word : Edition 2010 pro ; 14.0.7153.5000 (32-bit)
- Chrome: 46.0.2490.86 m (32-bit)