I am running a MOSS 2007 farm as described:
- 1 Web Front End Server (IIS 7, Win 2008)
- 1 Application Server (IIS 7, Win 2008)
- 1 SQL Server (Win 2008)
- Content: 1.5 TB across ~3500 site collections (total websites ~75000) all residing in a single content database (I know, bad practice!!). Each website contains 5 to 10 document libraries.
- BLOB content (documents) is externalized using StoragePoint (MetaLogix), resulting in reasonable size of content database, if that provides any consolation about the single content database.
- Customizations -
- Custom master page for entire portal
- Custom page for site collection page
- Custom page for website page
- About 15 web parts across site collection and website pages
Now comes the "fun" part... moving this to SharePoint 2013! Expectations include:
- Downtime absolutely should not exceed 8 hours, for business purposes.
- Read-only access time should not exceed 24 hours, for business purposes.
- SharePoint 2013 must be better and faster... :-)
I used MetaLogix's ContentMatrix for an earlier migration (SP 2003 to MOSS 2007). Due to similar customizations and constraints, the migration was a long, drawn out process even with the content migration tool, long after the MOSS 2007 environment was set up. Because content had to be moved from source (SP 2003) to destination (MOSS 2007). To relive that experience is like needing a vacation from another vacation (aargh)!
So after the above rant of a summary, my question is relatively short... how do I migrate to SP 2013?