CKS Dev does not yet have a version for VS 2015. Can you recommend another tool to quickly update assemblies and layouts pages from Visual Studio 2015 ?
With a trick, you can install CKS Dev for Visual Studio 2015.
- Download the .vsix-Extension file.
- Use an archive manager that can open .cab archives, e.g. 7zip or winRAR to open the .vsix file (you might need to rename it to *.cab).
- Open the extension.vsixmanifest file
In the following lines
<Installation> <InstallationTarget Version="[12.0,13.0)" Id="Microsoft.VisualStudio.Pro" /> <InstallationTarget Version="[12.0,13.0)" Id="Microsoft.VisualStudio.Ultimate" /> <InstallationTarget Version="[12.0,13.0)" Id="Microsoft.VisualStudio.Premium" /> </Installation>
- Save the file in the archive
- Potentially rename the file back to .vsix and install the extension.
I can use CKS Dev this way in VS2015 Enterprise.
I converted the CKSDEV for VS2013 version to VS2015 and uploaded to Google Drive for all to shaRE. The link above was broken so I thought I would fix that.
You can use CKSDev in Visual Studio 2015 also try the work around suggested below
- Open window explorer and go to \Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\Extensions
- Find the folder containing CKSDev – on my machine it was called yqxmnzzs.3tk
- Copy the folder.
- Open window explorer and go to \Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions
- Paste the copied folder here.
- Start Visual Studio 2015 (with Office Developer Tools)
- Click Tools > Extensions and Updates
- Find CKSDev click Enable it. It is disabled default.
- Restart Visual Studio 2015.
Hope this will work.