Can we create a SharePoint site collection using custom site template from admin center in SharePoint Online? I do not see any option to upload the solution where we can uplooad the custom template to be used.
it is little tricky,here are the steps.
- simply proceed as you would normally to create a new Site Collection, however when it comes time to select a template to base the new site collection select the Custom tab (on the extreme right), which should only have one option – < Select template later … >.
- Select this option and continue with the new site collection creation process.
- Now navigate to the new site collection URL. You will see the Solution Gallery heading.
- Click on the Solution Gallery, it will empty( for first time).
- Now you need to upload your Custom Site template.
- After Uploading, please make sure it is Activated if not click on the Activate button.
- Once activated close the dialog and Now You will this template under Custom Tab
- Select the Custom Site Template and Click Ok