This question is a copy of my question on stack overflow. Didnt know this forum existed until now.
I cannot find a way to publish/deploy my reports to a SharePoint document library. I have exhausted all my options as I see it. Please help me!
My server setup:
- Windows server 2012
- SharePoint 2013
- SQL Server 2012 (on different server also Windows 2012)
My client setup:
- Windows 7 32 Bit
- Visual Studio 2013
- Office 2010
- No SharePoint OpenDocument Class ActiveX component installed (tried repairing Office with no luck)
What I have done so far:
- Installed Reporting Services add-in for SharePoint 2013 with Rssharepoint.msi
- Configured the add-in according to http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/.... Not the installation part.
Upload .rds file
I have a bunch of working reports which I can deploy to a stand alone Reporting Services Server installed on the "different" server mentioned above. When I upload one of the reports (.rdl) to a document library in SharePoint and click it I see the familiar SSRS page but an error is displayed:
For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
That report is a test report which does not require a data source and should work. I have not found any logs that tell me what is wrong.
Add new document in SharePoint document library
I also tried adding the SQL Server content types to the document library. Then I get additional New Document buttons for Report, Data Source and Data Model. None of these work and gives me this error alert:
'New Document' requires a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible application and web browser. To add a document to this document library, click the 'Upload Document' button.
I installed Report Builder 3.0 both on client PC and server with same result. I also confirmed the setting for SQL Server Reporting Services Service Application under Central Administration.
- Enable Load Report Definition, check
- Enable Remote Errors, check
- Enable Test Connection Detailed Errors, check
- Enable Report Builder download, check
Deploy from Visual Studio 2013
Last resort before posting this was to try deploy the reports from Visual Studio. I did the steps required in this page, https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb283155.aspx. Missing from this instruction is the box TargetServerVersion. In my installation I can choose from either SQL Server 2008 R2 or later, SQL Server 2008 or Detect version.... Neither of these seem to work and I get this error regardless of what I choose.
Server was unable to process request. ---> Unexpected type T: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ServiceContract.IReportServiceManagement
My questions summarized:
- Where do I find logs for the SSRS errors in SharePoint?
- Why cant I create data sources in my SharePoint document library from the 'New Document' button?
- Why cant I deploy a report from Visual Studio?