I created a custom master page (based on "seattle.master" that we currently use) and uploaded it to the Master Page Gallery on our site collection. However, now I am at a loss on how to get the site collection to use my custom master page instead of the default "seattle.master" one. We are using SPF 2013, so I do not have (and cannot seem to enable) the "Master page" link under the "Look and Feel" section of Site Settings. How does one go about this in SPF 2013?
To change the master page in SPF 2013:
- Install SharePoint Designer (MSFT link current as of this post: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35491)
- On the machine you have installed Designer on, browse to the SP site, and on the "Page" tab, select "Edit Page > Edit in SharePoint Designer"
- SP Designer launches, and connects to the site.
- On the left nav bar in Designer, click on "Master Pages"
- Right-click on the master page you'd like to make the default for the site.
- From the resulting context menu, choose "Set as Default Master Page".