I need to develop a way for cross-site lookup in Sharepoint 2013. As this is not possible OOTB, I built a custom content type that has a custom control template which in turn displays a custom form with custom controls that make cross site lookup possible.
Everything down from the custom control template works as I also use this for another cross site lookup solution. The custom content type is also OK as it shows up in site content types with all it's proper custom columns displaying. So the fault has to lie within my custom list's schema.xml. However, I cannot seem to find the error. I have posted below relevant definitions:
Custom list definition:
Custom content type definiton:
I need to cover the values because they contain sensitive info and this is for my company. Anyway, as you can see, I use SP standard columns
LinkTitleNoMenu in my definitions. All the columns you see here are plain text columns, and no matter what I put in my control template (even only a element), it does not show up either when I click new item. I just get a blank background.
EDIT: Maybe I should mention that I get an ULS log entry when I try to view the custom form. The specific message is that
FormTemplate (the list's custom form template) cannot be found. The error message contains nothing else and has the severity medium. And please ignore the typo in the custom list's