I've searched a lot before coming here to ask... Here is my situation, in SharePoint Online.
In a site with Content Organizer ON, I have created the library "Deposit Library", in which one users will upload documents (xlsx and pdf). I have created a workflow (SPD 2013) that starts when a document is created in the library: it adds some metadatas from a list. When its done, the workflow send the document to the DropOff library. Which is working fine.
When the document lands in the DropOff library, it stays there, until I manually goes in Document Properties, i do not change anything, I click on "Send" and then, the document is routed properly.
Why should I edit Document Properties? Is there a way for Content Organizer to launch routing rules automatically?
To help you understand, here is my settings:
Settings of Content Organizer:
- Redirect users to dropoff = no
- Send document to another site = no
- Subfolders = no
- Version control = add random characters
- Conservation context = no
Rule I am working on:
- Name = Agency
- State = Active, priority 5
- Content type = I have selected my custom content type, which inherit from Document content type, and only have simple text columns.
- Conditions = IF Name StartsWith "Agency"
- Destionation = "Agency Library"
- Check if report exists in "Report List"
- Search Title, Nature, Category, Branch in Report List, and assign it to current item.
- Set Status of current item (custom column) to "To validate"
- Set a refecence date in current item (custom column)
- Copy and Delete current item to DropOff Library
- Extract/Archive document in DropOff Library (This is a test Ive made, to try to solve the problem...)
My custom content type is added to all libraries I am using. I really wish someone will find out whats going bad... Many thanks all !!