I am trying to hide a simple calculated column from forms in a custom list. However, unlike WSS 3.0, I am not able to achieve this simple task. Any way I take to hide it, the option is disabled.
Steps to reproduce :
- Create the column with a simple formula like ="test"
- Allow Content Type modification
- In Content Type Columns, try hiding the column, but the option is greyed out.
- Removing the column from any view
- Create the column without adding it to content type/default and add the column to content type afterward
- Use SharePoint Designer to modify the column (column is listed but disabled as well)
Am I missing something ?
I was able to remove it from the forms using JSOM, but it feels like killing a fly with a bazooka. Does anyone know why the option would be disabled in the user interface ?