What is the best practices for creating query components and index components?
I have the following SharePoint servers in a farm and I have plan to enable search for Internet based publishing site: 3 application servers, 2 WFE servers, 1 sql server cluster.
In the 3 application servers :
- one server running - central admin & other services.
- Two app servers are now is empty there is no service applications.
Search Topology and Search Components : App 1 & APP 2 :
- Admin component
- Crawl component
- Content processing component
- Analytics processing component
WFE 1 & WFE 2:
- Query processing component Index component
Is it good practice to create Query Processing components and Index partitions in WFE servers?
If I move Query Processing components to Application servers, are users able to search the content?