I'm working on a custom web part which contains an ASP.NET update panel. When I click a button to refresh its content, only the content should be refreshed, not the full page. This works like a charm, except... for Safari on an Ipad. No matter what I try, I can't get it to work on Safari.
Below are the steps to reproduce the problem:
- Create a farm solution
- Add a visual web part (farm solution)
- Place an update panel on the page containing a label and button
- Add an event handler for the button click to change the label text
- Deploy and use on a web part page layout (publishing library)
- Test using IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc....works fine
- Test using Safari on an iPad... full page reload after clicking the button
I expect the issue to be the same on Safari on a Mac but I've not been able to test this since I don't have a Mac at my disposal.
Any help is greatly appreciated.