I've got very strange issue on one of our site collections. It's basically a simple site on SP 2010 Foundation with 1 document library and some folders with broken inheritance. It was created as root site in web app (e.g. http://appname.domain.com/)
Site has also several unique permission levels and ~10 groups that have different access to folders in document library. Nothing complex.
After 1-2 months something went wrong and suddenly ALL users, including site collection administrators are experiencing several limitations:
- nobody can add/delete files (even with explorer view)
- nobody can add people to groups,
- nobody can set/change permissions on objects,
- nobody can add/edit permission levels,
- nobody can edit group settings
The site is practically unusable by now, so we recreated identical site in the same web app (as a http://appname.domain.com/sites/something)
Anybody seen this kind of behavior?
Have a nice day :)