The company I work for is looking for a way to display our Visio diagrams to our FE's through their browsers on PC, tablets, etc.
Currently they do this by exporting diagrams to HTML and they are heavy on the coding side and it seems not all browsers are handing it well. So we have been thinking about SharePoint. I've read that Viso and SharePoint are a logical pairing in doing what we are trying to do. So my questions are...
- Does SharePoint and Visio work smoothly together?
- Is there a major learning curve for Visio users to get their work on SharePoint?
- Will we be able to create a good website front-end for our Visio diagrams?
- Search capabilities, how good are they? We'd have to be able to search for the diagrams.
- Will the diagrams once on SharePoint work in all browsers, tablets, etc?
- If we implement this, is it best to do SharePoint 2013 with Visio 2013 to cause less problems with things?
- If both are not 2013... is that an issue?
- We are looking to do this on AWS (Amazon Web Services), thoughts?
- Can anyone tell me of any issues we might run into?
This is a big thing for the company I'm working for and I'm trying to present them with a good solution when it comes to Visio diagram sharing etc. SharePoint seemed to be a good option.
Thanks in advance for your help.