There is the following WSS solution deployment scenario:
- Copy the whole production WSS to staging
- Deploy new solution/update to staging
- Run automated tests & human tests on staging
- Deploy new solution/update to production
Now I wonder how to achieve point 1. Copy the whole production WSS to staging.
Is it possible to simply run stsadm -o backup/restore to copy to whole production to staging? Or are there better approaches for this?
- Content DB < 500mb
- Production/Staging environments share the same network & same AD
- I am not looking for a commercial wss sync tool