We have Tasks set up in SharePoint Online but they aren't showing up in everyone's Outlook (desktop or online). It works fine for some people but not all.
Here are things I've confirmed:
- Everyone has Edit permissions for the tasks through the Member group of the site.
- Everyone can see and edit the task list through a browser.
- In Outlook -> Info:
- Everyone is logged into Microsoft Exchange through their company email.
- Under Account and Social Network Settings everyone is set to access
https://outlook.office365.com/owa/example.com(where example.com is our company URL).
- In Outlook -> Office Account everyone's connected services includes OneDrive and Sites at their company email address.
For the people where it does work, clicking Tasks in Outlook shows task lists from all the SharePoint Tasks apps from all the sub-sites of our main site under "My Tasks". For the people where it doesn't work, the only things they see under "My Tasks" are their local "To-Do List" and "Tasks" items.