I am in a middle of content database migration of MOSS 2007 built on SQLServer 2005 to SharePoint 2010 with SQLServer 2008 R2. This is what I've done.
- Installed SP 2010 Standard Edition
- Installed SQLServer 2008 R2 on another VM
- Created Web Application with the same content database name of moss 2007 (SQLServer 2005) for eg "WSS_Content"
- Went inside SQLServer and Deattached Content DB of SP2010
- Restored moss 2007 content database backuped from SQLServer 2005 on SQLServer 2008 R2 (name was same after restoration -> WSS_Content"
- applied the following command using Power Management Shell of SP2010
stsadm -o addcontentdb -url http://testserver:90 -databasename WSS_Content
but I'm getting the following error.
Sequence [Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPContentDatabaseSequence] cannot upgrade an object [SPContentDatabase Name=WSS_Content] whose build version [18.104.22.16819] is too old. Upgrade requires [22.214.171.12421] or higher.
How do I solve this issue? Please note I didn't run Moss 2007 SP2 on my old intranet server...can this be a problem or I can move without it also?