The Sharepoint Server 2013 Configuration Wizard fails for me in Step 8 and returns the following error:
"Failed to create sample data. An Exception of type System.NullReferenceException was thrown. Additional exception information:Object Reference not set to an instance of an object"
My current situation:
- Not an upgrade. Clean installation.
- Dev environment (no internet)
- Server2012 318GB Free space
- Sharepoint Server 2013 Product Version: 15.0.4571.1502
- SQL 2008
I have tried:
Looking for the
Analytic_ folder to share (there is no such folder). I even searched the entire
*Analytics. I searched the registry as well for Analytics
• Ran Wizard as Admin
Made sure AppFabric Caching Service SQL Server Agent for SharePoint database were running and then ran
psconfig.exe -cmd Configdb Create SkipRegisterAsDistributedCacheHost in powershell and the error states that psconfig.exe is not recognized
• Checked for latest updates (even though I am in a dev environment)