Server A was connected to farm A. I uninstalled SharePoint and installed again to create farm B in the same SQL Server.
The SharePoint installation is successfull, however when I try to run the configuration wizard to create the config database (from gui or console) I get the following error and stack trace:
An exception of type System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception was thrown. Additonal excption information: The data area passed to a system call is too small. at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration. SPServer.GrantRevokeReadAccessToSCManagerAndCryptSvc
In the ULS log, the error that I'm seeing is this:
Ensuring WSS_WPG read access to cryptsvc service. Failed to open cryptsvc service: 122
After a bit of reserve engineering, I got the excat system call that is failing:
Advapi32.OpenService(sPServiceSafeHandle, "CRYPTSVC", 393216u)
I tried the following to solve my issue:
- Ensuring setup account rights (SQL sysadmin, machine administrators group, etc.)
- Reinstalling SharePoint (again)
- Changing setup account to my own domain account
- Deleted WSS_WPG local groups
- Restarting machine, restarting cryptographic service
- Enabling randomly windows disabled services
- Uninstalling SharePoint updates and tried RTM release
Not working, what now do except try to wipe and recreate VM?