I have a document library with a Document Set content type in it. I created a bunch of custom columns in the list, and added them to the document set. I have changed the display name of some of the list columns. However, the Document Set is still using the old names. What is causing this and how do I fix it?

  • Used ContentTypes in List/Libraries are always copies of the parent contenttype. You can push changes down but not up the ContentType tree Commented Apr 23, 2015 at 15:47
  • How many document set do have in a library? The one which you have mentioned is that a default content type?
    – Asad Refai
    Commented Apr 24, 2015 at 14:22
  • I just added the default document set type, than added the list columns to it within the list. I think that does create a new content type though, since the GUID for it is not the same as the base document set.
    – HamHamJ
    Commented Apr 24, 2015 at 14:59
  • Yes when you use a content type in a library or list the ID of it changes to what its in Site Content Types. But What ever changes you make in Site content type it should push down.
    – Asad Refai
    Commented Apr 28, 2015 at 14:57


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.