I've added a Search Results Web Part to a SP2013 page where users would like to be able to search the contents of the posts. I've configured the Search Results Web Part to 'Items matching a content type' from the 'current site', not restricted by any tag, and restricted by 'post' content type. There are 42 total results on the page and when the ranked results is enabled, the first ten appear on the Search Results web part. I'm also able to enter a keyword in the search box web part and pull up any of the 42 results in the Search Results Web Part successfully.
However, when I disable the ranked results (I don't want users to see results before they've entered a keyword) and search for one of the keywords I get 'Nothing here matches your search'. Any insight on why this is happening and a workaround would be extremely helpful.