I am planning to prepare a document for possible change after our SharePoint servers are being relocated. There are not enough information out there in web about the whole process, but I am able to get something lined up. But I still have some questions:
Here is my plan:
- remove DistributedCacheServiceinstance
- remove SharePoint server from farm
- Rename the server
- Joint the server back to the Farm
- Add DistributedCacheserviceinstance
- reconfigure, AAM, Bindings,SSL certs.
Aside from that I had questions on Search service application. Since Search topology actively references server name, after renaming server, do we need to reconfigure search topology?
How about other service application, do we need to reconfigure them all.
Reminder Location of SQl server stays the same .