I went into "Manage User Properties" within the User Profile Service Application. I set the "Office Location" field and mapped it to 'l' within Active Directory. 'l' is used to contain our City (a.k.a. Location). I then ran "Start Profile Synchronization".
General Info: (some of it...)
Specific City Location (I'm reusing "Office Location" field)
Then I clicked "Compile Audiences". My end goal is to set up a different Target Audience for each city, but whenever I Compile Audiences, it's always empty.
I don't want to write back to AD, just pull one additional field into SharePoint.
Here's what the MIISClient shows (hiding the actual values):