I am having big issues in adding users to a site collection to giving them access.
Let me describe to you my problem:
- I have created a site collection and can set the site collection administrators.
- To even allow the site administrators access I have to set Everyone in the User Policy in Managed Web Application. If I change this, everyone is not able to access the site. Why it is this way, I do not know.
- User Profile Synchronization Service is set to Active Directory Import and ALL Services are running. I have left User Properties to default and thus deliberately have not changed them
- Leaving access to Everyone through User Policy, I can then log on to the site. Going to site settings, and then to Site Permissions, searching for a user to add to the site, returns nothing. There are no users coming up.
- However, in Central Administration I can see ALL my users from Active Directory.
So, can someone please if they can answer me the following questions:
- How do I ensure that I can see any user imported into SharePoint 2013 are visible in any Site Collection?
- How do I ensure that a Site Collection Administrator set during Site Collection creation can get access without having to set User Policy to Everyone, or is this the way?