One of our customers reported that after the migration to SharePoint 2013, he started receiving blank survey responses despite that most of the survey questions are mandatory.
We checked number of online threads on the same issue and number of responses identified this behavior as a result of page security validation time out.
Here are our findings regarding this issue
- It is not happening at all in SharePoint 2010
- It is only happening in SharePoint 2013 (the default Windows claims–mode is used)
- In both 2010 & 2013 farms, the same security validation settings are applied and it is already enabled and the security validation interval is set to 30 mins.
- In 2013, if we try to submit all survey questions once i.e. all survey questions are entered, the survey response saved but blank.
- In 2013, if we try to submit in number of postbacks i.e. the first post request to the server, we missed any of mandatory questions, the survey response is saved successfully i.e. 2nd post request to the server is working properly.
- We believe it is not browsed based, all the above tests are performed in IE, FF and Chrome.
So my questions are
- Is that an issue in SharePoint 2013? if so, how to fix it?
- Why by default user is not getting the famous SharePoint error "The security validation for this page has timed out etc..." and then user can refresh the page and submits again?