I'm overhauling an existing Sharepoint site. There are three "tabs" in the Top Link Bar. Tab 1 is "Home," Tab 2 is "Labor," and Tab 3 is "Training."
However, when I go to Site Settings -> Site Administration -> Sites and Workspaces, I don't see "Labor" and "Training" appear as Subsites. How is this possible? I thought that to add a new tab to the Top Link Bar one had to create a new subsite.
I know that "Labor" and "Training" in my case cannot be subsites because:
- They don't appear under the Subsites list in settings
- When changing the site theme for one tab, the rest align to the same theme (subsites don't do this)
Since they are not subsites, they must be a different kind of site, right?
I am a beginner and would like to understand:
- The difference between the types of sites that one can add to the Top Link Bar
- What type of sites "Labor" and "Training" are, and how to duplicate them
- Advantages/disadvantages in either case
I'm using Sharepoint 2010. Answers for any of the above three would be appreciated.