I have set the property
.Hidden of one field to
$field=$List.Fields.GetByTitle("Business Phone") $ctx.ExecuteQuery() $field.Hidden=$true
The change has been applied successfully and if I check that property
The result is that when I am trying to add a new item to my list, the field is not shown, which is expected and desired, but it still exists in the default view and I can add it to a new view.
According to MSDN description "If TRUE, the field is completely hidden from the user interface. Setting ReadOnly to TRUE means the field is not displayed in New or Edit forms but can still be included in views."
- Not a required field. It is one of the default fields that comes with a contact list but it is not a required one.
- Name is correct. It is certainly this column, not another one with similar name/internal name, that I am updating. Other changes (like description) are visible in GUI.