I have an InfoPath 2013 form, that fetches some data from external database using a WebService. The WebService is called when the user enters some data in a text field on the form. The WebService returns a set of data.
The form opens perfectly alright in the browser, but when the WebService is called, it throws an error –
“A query to retrieve form data cannot be completed because this action would violate cross-domain restrictions.”
I have done all the possible configuration checks and troubleshooting that I knew or comprehend from various blogs on the net. I have summarised all of them below –
I have already converted all the data connections that are using a web service to retrieve data to .udcx files and saved them to a data connection library in SharePoint. There are 2 data connections that use a list in the same site collection to retrieve data. These 2 data connections have been left as is (i.e. I did not convert these to .udcx)
While publishing I have checked the option for “Enabled this form to be filled out by using browser” Further, this is not an administrator approved form template. I published it for a specific Form Library
- I have enabled the Cross domain for InfoPath in the Central Admin.
- Moreover, I have enabled the “'Allow user form templates to use authentication information contained in data connection files” in the Central Admin.
- I have checked the “State Service” in Central Admin is started
- In the “InfoPath Forms Services Web Service Proxy” in Central Admin both the options as below are enabled – a) Enable InfoPath Forms Services Web service proxy b) Enable InfoPath Forms Services Web service proxy for user forms
- I have checked the “SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Collection features” in the site collection is active.
Even after all the above settings, I am still not able to overcome this error. This has become a major road block for me.
I would appreciate any help extended to me.