I have a page which features a search results webpart to show the results of a preconfigured search query. The display template of the webpart has been modified to include a number of custom metadata fields. Those are displayed on the page.
Now I want the user to be able to find that specific page by searching the text as rendered by the display template. So when the custom metadata field contains "foobar", "foobar" is displayed on the page and I want a search for "foobar" to return that page because it has that string on it.
Sounds trivial, but for some reason doesn't seem to work. I have set the search configuration to include webparts (which is normally switched off), but that didn't do the trick. I checked the page syntax, the search webpart does not include a "no-index" class any more (after disabling that setting).
So what could be blocking search from indexing the content on that page? Does it recognize search result webparts and skips indexing those? I can imagine it would do that, but in this case it shouldn't. Any ideas?
Update: I updated the page to include a search content webpart. Actually I used two search content webparts; one in client side rendering mode and one in server side rendering mode. Both display the same data including the text I want to be able to search for. But still, search is not returning this page when I search for terms displayed by those webparts. When I copy/paste the table as rendered by the server side rendering code and put it on the page itself, search does return the page. So either the content is not rendered properly when it is indexed by search, or search is filtering out that content for some reason.
Update 2: the scenario changed a little bit. We're using the catalog feature to show a managed metadata navigation structure linked to catalog templates. On the category pages, a search content webpart shows text from a list on the catalog site. This text we'd like to index via search so the specific category page pops up when the user searches for a word from this text. Due to the above reasons, this isn't working either.