I am trying to get an InfoPath 2013 form to interact with a SharePoint list which has 6 columns currently:
ID upc name cost price
I am working on a basic InfoPath form with the following intention:
- The user types in a number in the "upc" field
- The "name" "cost" and "price" fields are populated with the information associated with the "upc" on my Sharepoint list.
I've been looking everywhere for a solution that works and nothing is working out. This is what I've done, and from what I've read should work:
- Started new InfoPath form
- Went to the Data tab and added a data connection "From SharePoint List" - the list name is "simpletest" - and selected the fields I'd be using
- Added two textbox fields to the form (field1 and field2)
- Created a rule on field2 on the condition that "field1" "is equal to" "upc" (selected from the datafields portion of the "simpletest" connection) to perform an action "set a field's value" "field2" = "price" (selected from the datafields portion of the "simpletest" connection)
From what I can tell, this is correct. But it doesn't work. Does anyone see the holes in my methodology here? It seems pretty straightforward, so I don't know where I'm going wrong.