I am trying to refresh my dev farm content database with a copy of the production farm content database, but I have been unsuccessful so far.
I used the following procedure:
1) stopped the sharepoint timer service.
2) selected the dev content database | tasks | restore database and selected the backup file of the production database.
3) modified the "restore As" to represent the dev mdf and log file names. (see picture below)
4) the restore was completed successful within the sql manamegement studio.
5) modified the logical name to represent the dev content databse.
I then tried to open the web application, but after a prompt for credentials the access fails. I was wondering if this is an access issue such the web app pool account not having the right permissions or I am doing something else wrong.