I have a list with attached a 2013 workflow that should create a word document. I have followed this article.
Unfortunately, no matter what I write in my template.docx template, the workflow created docx is always empty.
What could it be?
- Created a new Document Library choosing advanced options and Microsoft Word as template.
- Added a Text column (ex. mycolumn)
- Created a new list with a Text column mycolumn
- In the new Document Library Advanced Settings, under the Document Template I edited the dotx document. I Added some text and in Insert/Quick parts I chose mycolumn. Then I saved it as docx.
- Created a 2013 workflow associated with the new list that adds a new item to the Document Library. The new item picks mycolumn and title from the new list and associates them to mycolumn and Path and Name of the document library
- Added a new item to the new list. When the workflow ends I see a new docx document in the document library. Unfortunately it is empty.