I have spent many hours at this issue and still unable to fix it:
I read somewhere that one cannot deploy apps to sharepoint using the "system account", so I:
- Created a new account "admin1" in Active Directory.
- "admin1" is a member of "Administrators" and "WSS_ADMIN_WPG"
- "admin1" has "dbowner" rights of "WSS_Content" SQL database.
- "admin1" is site administrator
- "admin1" is farm administrator
Still, creating a new SharePoint 2013 App in Visual Studio says:
Cannot connect to the SharePoint site:
http://xxx/. Make sure that the Site URL is valid and that the current user has the necessary permissions to access the site.
Additional information: the local SharePoint server is not available. Check that the server is running and connected to the SharePoint farm.
And I have executed those PowerShell commands for creating an app isolation domain on MSDN.
Exactly how does one deploy an app to an on premise SharePoint server?