Based on above link I have generated an automatic email to items created. Now I want to implement the same for all project sites old and new both and to all the lists in project sites Is it possible to do that?
This is not easy task, you have to manually do this, unless someone tells any code for this...
If you have two similar lists in two different site-collections in SharePoint and want to copy an existing workflow from site A to site B you can follow the procedure below.
So, to achieve the same follow the steps below.
- In the first(source) site, create the required workflow and publish it.
- Now select Export to Visio option which allows you to save the workflow with a .vwi extension. (Refer this workflow hereafter as source workflow).
- Now go to the destination site where you want the workflow to be copied, and create a new workflow with the same name as the previous one & publish it.
- Now select Export to Visio option which allows you to save the workflow with a .vwi extension. (Refer this workflow hereafter as Destination workflow).
- Now you will be having two .vwi files (one of source workflow’s – SourceWorkflowName.vwi and other of the destination workflow’s – DestinationWorkflowName.vwi). Now add .zip extension to both the files. Now your files names should be SourceWorkflowName.vwi.zip & DestinationWorkflowName.vwi.zip.
- Now open both the zip files, copy workflow.xoml.wfconfig.xml from destination workflow to source workflow. (Its destination to source and not source to destination).
- From now on, we will not use the file DestinationWorkflowName.vwi.zip. So ignore that file.
- Remove the .zip extension from SourceWorkflowName.vwi.zip which gives you the SourceWorkflowName.vwi file.
- Now, go to the destination site, open workflows and click Import from Visio and browse to the SourceWorkflowName.vwi file.
- That’s it and your workflow is copied. You can publish the workflow and run it.
Note: In case if your list’s GUID’s (for those lists that you have used in workflow – tasks list, history list or any other lists used in workflow steps) have been changed from source & destination site, you may need to update those steps in the workflow.
Or Use this Codeplex solution Sharepoint Workflow Migrator